Follow "Style in the Country" by Email

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Golden Year



When the holidays are over, your life slows down a little. It's time to make New Year's resolutions to work-out everyday, read more publications without pictures; and send more thank you cards, right? Well, I decided to scratch one of those off my list. After finding a Barnes and Noble's gift card that my NaNa never used, I decided I was practically forced to go spend that money on books.


It turns out Barnes and Noble is a better store than I thought. It is underestimated, or maybe I'm the only one who thought it was mainly a good find for books! I ended up finding a great planner for the new year of 2014 and the book "Everyone Worth Knowing." Which is about a PR girl who works in NYC (totally sounded like my kind of book). Too bad I have only read 50 pages and I've had it for almost a week– that's a start though!

While checking out, I couldn't help but notice how they already had Valentine's Day cards displayed. I thought: "How ridiculous." But instead of having a cupid massacre, I decided to look around. I have to admit I am a sucker for cute, animal cards. You can't help but love that face on the top of this post! The term "sugar lips" definitely fits.

1st New Year's resolution:  reading more books



Maybe the choice of planner will make this my "golden" year!

No comments :

Post a Comment